Statistics is an important tool for any decision-making process. This programme will allow public officers and employees to effectively learn how to handle large sets of numerical or qualitative data (big data) using advanced statistical techniques and tools (data mining), and teach students to understand which method to use according to the available data, and in which contexts.
The courses offered will dedicate a large portion of study to learning hands-on practical computer applications.
The Diploma is accredited by Paris Descartes University and Sorbonne Paris Cité, and will be offered by the Law, Economics and Management Department at Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi.
The programme offers both a theoretical and practical knowledge of analysis of statistical data, using the most advanced IT tools (SAS and STATA).
- Measurement of the relationship between variables (correlation and causality test)
- Data analysis methods: Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Introduction to SAS and STATA Software
- Econometrics of Time Series Data (estimation and modelling)
Specific applied courses include Finance, Insurance and Business.
- Employees of the National Bureau of Statistics of the UAE and Statistics Centre Abu Dhabi
- Government employees
- Employees of private companies including banks, and insurance companies
- Fresh graduates
This diploma provides graduates with several employment opportunities in the private and public sectors including:
- National Bureau of Statistics/Statistics Centre of Abu Dhabi
- Government statistics departments
- Statistics departments in private companies
- Banking and insurance companies