The residence “Place de la Sorbonne” is in the vicinity of the university and offers to the students all the facilities in order to ensure good living conditions.
It consists of two separate buildings, one for male and the other for female, in order to respect the tradition and the law of the U.A.E.
Both buildings are located inside the university campus, only a few meters away from the classes’ buildings. It can accommodate up to 500 students.
Both buildings have the same type of furnished and air-conditioned rooms.
Rooms are individual and are distributed on several floors. On each floor, there are approximately 50 rooms. Each room includes:
- Private bathroom and toilet
- Bed, mattress and bed linen
- Desk and chair
- Two towels (hand and bath towel)
- Internal telephone
- Shelf and coat rack
The common spaces
Common spaces exist on each floor of the building and are shared by residents living on the same level. They are continuously open without interruption round the clock.
- The kitchen includes electrical stoves and oven, microwave, water cooler, toasters, mixer, sandwich makers and kettles.
- The living room is equipped with dining tables and television.
- The study room is equipped with computers with internet connection always available.
On the ground floor of each building are located, other common rooms that are available to all residents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The entertainment room
Equipped with various electronic gaming consoles (Wii, PS, X-box, etc.) as well as board games like Pictionary, Monopoly, Scrabble, and others.
The laundry room
Automatic washing machines and dryers are available. For each machine, using instructions are posted and will facilitate its use.
The ironing room
Steam irons with tables are available for residents. The instruction manual is also displayed to facilitate its use.
Other Services Available at the residence:
- A Wi-Fi connection covers all rooms and common areas inside the building.
- A multi-functional machine (scanner, photocopier, and printer) available at the building reception.
- A reception counter is functional 24/7 in each building as well as a continuous presence for security guards.
- Daily cleaning is offered in all common spaces and kitchens. Once a week, the cleaning team cleans the room including the toilets and the bathroom.
- A maintenance team is permanently available on the premises in order to fix any defect and to undertake any repair required, which fall under the responsibility of the dorms.
- A loan of dictionaries, newspapers, cleaning equipment, trolley, etc.is at the disposal of the students round the clock.
- Bulletin boards are available in order to inform the students on a daily basis of any communication or information about various topics.
A medical clinic, located inside the university campus, is open 24/7. It is equipped to ensure first aid for any emergency case.
Rules and regulations of the residence
The residence is also a place of life and exchange in an international context, a place where everyone takes part in the student life. It aims to bring to each student serenity and safety. Therefore, it is essential to set and observe collective rules in order to make this experience a success. Those rules will establish a climate of confidence and respect between the residents and the staff that is necessary for fostering communal life. The rules are set in a way to allow each student to fully enjoy their stay at the residence.
For a full list of the regulations, click here.
The residence organizes various activities through the year in order to establish and foster links between students.
How to register?
The registration at the university residence « Place de la Sorbonne » is organized in three steps:
- Step 1: Be admitted and registered at the Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi.
- Step 2: Coordinate with the finance department the necessary payments for room reservation.
- Step 3: Comply with the residence ‘s rules. Before joining the residence, each student is requested to read carefully the text of the rules and regulations which will be signed in the residence office upon the student’s arrival.
All details regarding the housing charges as well as the methods of payments are available by clicking here. For any further information, kindly contact the following email address: email@example.com. The necessary payments should be done previous to the students’ arrival in order to be able to join the residence.
Female residence office number: +971 2 6569 749
Male residence office number: +971 2 6569 591
For any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org