Students have access to a vast number of university facilities, both physical and virtual. Catering to all student needs on campus and off, at Sorbonne Abu Dhabi we work to ensure the basic needs of our students are always met, and then we guarantee added value on top of it all.
Besides the academic facilities and the library services, students have online access to a host of handy services, and the login pages for these can be found at My Sorbonne Login.
Our physical services include:
- A Student Open Center (SOC) plays a crucial role in student life. It acts as the central headquarters for the student services provided by the Student Affairs Department. Students can collect any information or any administrative form. A display of all documents and forms will be available at its front desk. To be as close as possible to students the SOC is located in the Majlis of the Cafeteria.
Weekdays: 10am to 3pm (Tuesday: 12pm to 6pm), Weekends: Closed.
- The Cafeteria provides a wide variety of healthy dishes for breakfast, meals and snacks at affordable rates. There is also a wide range of coffees and teas available as well as cold drinks and confectionery. Students have the choice to either sit in the air-conditioned area or enjoy sitting on the outside deck. The kitchen is completely modern and with state of the art cooking range.
Weekdays: 8:00am to 9:00pm / Weekends & Holidays 11:00am to 5:00pm
- A bus service, which guarantees safety, operates according to a strictly controlled schedule. The scheduled service is available on daily basis, during term time. The bus is available only to the Sorbonne AD students. Students are assured of safe, friendly, clean and comfortable transport at all times.
- Our clinic is equipped for emergency care with a professional medical staff. All visits are strictly confidential. Appointments or walk-in visits are free to Sorbonne AD students and staff. Services provided include, but are not limited to: examinations, prescriptions, and referrals. Three nurses are available 24/7 on a shift basis, and the physician will be available twice a week, on Mondays from 10:00am to 1:00pm and on Wednesday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Psychological support will also be provided by the clinic very soon.
- Student mail is sorted daily and available for resident student collection from the Student Open Centre.
- Sorbonne AD provides classrooms, lecture theatres, computer labs, language labs, physics lab, music room, art room, and other facilities directly related to learning. All classrooms are equipped with a mobile white board, LCD screen/smart boards, and interactive board. The University also has 2 spacious lecture halls equipped with LCD, projector, video conferencing unit, visual presenter, translation booth, and interpreter set.
- Those lecture rooms can accommodate up to 150 guests and are available for extension lectures, guest lectures, academic conferences, etc..
- The auditorium has a capacity of 680 seats and a VIP row. It is used for concerts, lectures, conferences and other major events.
- Separate prayer rooms are available for both male and female.
- ATM/cash machine services are provided 24 hours a day.
- Snack food and beverage vending machines are available in convenient locations such as classroom hallways and in the male and female residences.