Student Affairs Services (SAS) ensures a student-friendly environment that nurtures academic and research skills, while enriching the overall university experience. We prepare students to serve the community, and assist them with their social or personal issues in full confidentiality. We may also refer students to other departments.
Our Student Affairs team can be reached in the Student Open Centre in the Cafeteria and in the Administration Building: First Floor, Offices 2.134 and 2.136
Students have access to a vast number of university facilities, both physical and virtual. Catering to all student needs on campus and off, at Sorbonne Abu Dhabi we work to ensure the basic needs of our students are always met, and then we guarantee added value on top of it all.
The services we offer to our students are:
- New Students Welcome Process Click here to download pdf
- Orientation Week Click here to download pdf
- Student Counselling Services Click here to download pdf
- Parking and Security Click here to download pdf
- Internal Job Offers for Students Click here to download pdf
- The Student Open Center (SOC) acts as the central headquarters for the student services provided by the Student Affairs Department. Students can collect any information or any administrative form. A display of all documents and forms will be available at its front desk. To be as close as possible to students the SOC is located in the Majlis of the Cafeteria.
Weekdays: 10am to 3pm (Tuesday: 12pm to 6pm), Weekends: Closed.
- The Cafeteria provides a wide variety of healthy international dishes, snacks, refreshments, coffees, teas and confectionary at affordable rates: from a state-of-the-art kitchen to comfortable sitting areas.
Weekdays: 8:00am to 9:00pm / Weekends & Holidays 11:00am to 5:00pm
- The Medical Centre is equipped for emergency care with a professional medical staff. All visits are strictly confidential. Appointments or walk-in visits are free to Sorbonne Abu Dhabi students and staff. Services provided include, but are not limited to: examinations, prescriptions, and referrals. Three nurses are available 24/7 on a shift basis, and the physician will be available twice a week, onMondays from 10:00am to 1:00pm and on Wednesday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Counselling services every week day
- Student mail is sorted daily and available for resident student collection from the Student Open Centre.
- Lost and Found Students can search for their lost items in the Lost and Found section of the Student Open Centre. Any items unclaimed after one semester will be donated to charity.
- Gift items Customised University gift items can be found on display in the SOC, and the price list is available from Student Affairs.
- Banking A National Bank of Abu Dhabi ATM is located the Cafeteria entrance.
- Prayer Rooms are available for both male and female students.
- The Auditorium has a capacity of 700 attendees for concerts, lectures, conferences and other major events.
- Academic Facilities include classrooms, lecture theatres, computer labs, language labs, Physics lab, music room, art room and more.All classrooms are equipped with a mobile white board, LCD screen/smart boards, and interactive board. The University also has two spacious lecture halls equipped with LCD, projector, video conferencing unit, visual presenter, translation booth, and interpreter set. Those lecture rooms can accommodate up to 150 guests and are available for extension lectures, guest lectures, academic conferences, etc..
- Snack and beverage vending machines are available in convenient locations such as classroom hallways and in the male and female residences.
Besides the academic facilities and library services, students have online access to a range of handy services. The login pages can be found at My Sorbonne Login.