Covid-19 Updates & Protocols
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination
Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi announces the intention to resume on campus classes at the start of the academic year 2021/2022, therefore, in compliance with instructions of the UAE federal authorities, effective of 20 August 2021 COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all students and employees to access the campus (except for the below exempted categories) as well as adhering to Abu Dhabi travel procedures and protocols announced by the federal authorities.
Categories Exempted from Covid-19 Vaccination
In line with the guidelines issued by Department of Health (DOH), the below categories are exempted from taking the Covid-19 vaccine:
- Participants in vaccine clinical trials
- Pregnant women
- Recipients of a vaccine outside the country
- Former Covid-19 patients following medical evaluation
- Those who have previously had severe allergies to vaccines or components of vaccines
- Those who have diseases that may be incompatible with the vaccine following medical evaluation
If you fall under any of the above-mentioned exempted categories, please ensure to get an official exemption from the DOH by following the below steps:
- Visit an authorized medical centre in Abu Dhabi for medical evaluation, either:
- Abu Dhabi Health Services Co. – SEHA – Phone: 80050
- Mubadala Healthcare Phone: 8004959
- The centre will submit a report to the DOH for approval
- The centre will notify the applicant of the decision via text message (SMS)
- The approval will then be reflected on Alhosn app
Kindly note that active Covid-19 patients are not permitted to take the vaccine and will not be allowed to access the campus.
Mandatory Download of Al Hosn App
- All students and employees must download Alhosn application, the app is the UAE government official tracing application where records of tests and vaccinations are kept and validated
- If you were vaccinated outside the UAE, you must provide the official documents from the relevant health authorities in the respective countries where you took the Covid-19 vaccine to validate your vaccination records
For more information related to vaccination, you can visit Department of Health (DOH) website here
The safety of our students and employees are our ultimate priority. SUAD monitors any developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic very closely and all updates will be published on this page.