The Career Centre
The Career Centre is the centralised career services center at Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi (SUAD) serving all students – both undergraduate and postgraduate. Services are also available to alumni.
The mission of the Career Centre is to help students at all years of academic study gain professional skills and develop career readiness by providing high quality resources, materials and events focusing on career exploration, decision making and professional experience that will prepare them for a lifetime of career success.
To serve this purpose, the Career Centre collaborates on a daily basis with employers representing a wide variety of industries across the UAE to promote the recruitment of students and graduates for internships and full-time positions.
The choice of a major at university does not predetermine a professional career. This is why the Career Centre strives to arrange multiple meetings with professionals throughout the year to demonstrate to students, that a meaningful career is not a linear process but a continuous journey that is built on well researched decisions and careful planning.
Through regular interactions with the business community, the Career Centre facilitates career discovery, professional exposure and training opportunities helping students explore various career paths to build their employability profile.
The Career Centre offers the following and complementary services to students, alumni and employers:
- Provide current students with individual career advice
- Organise career information events (conferences, employability workshops, career forums) to facilitate interaction between students and employers
- Provide support to facilitate student work-placement and access to a range of internships and employment opportunities
- Help students to develop effective job search strategies including CV and cover letter writing
- Assist students with their graduate school application process
- Advise alumni who are seeking new positions, or who are exploring opportunities to become involved with the university
- Guide and assist organisations and employers willing to recruit interns or graduates from the university