Foundation Year in Intensive French FAQs
- What is the aim of the Foundation year in Intensive French?
The Foundation Year in Intensive French is designed to assist students to acquire French proficiency and develop academic skills.
- Which students are concerned by the morning classes programme?
Students who wish to apply for a Bachelor programme delivered in French.
- What is the duration of the Foundation Year in Intensive French?
Students can attend from one to four semesters before sitting the University Diploma (DU) exams, depending on their level and on their academic progress.
- What can I do after I graduate from the University Diploma (DU) in Intensive French?
After the successful completion of the University diploma (DU) exams, students can be eligible to enrol in one of the university’s Bachelor programmes that are taught in French (provided all other criteria for the individual programme are met). Please note that the University Diploma (DU) does not allow to become a FLE teacher. A Master degree is required to teach French as a Foreign Language, such as the Master of Teaching French as a Foreign Language, available in the postgraduate programmes offering of Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi.
- When do morning classes take place?
Morning classes take place from Sunday to Thursday, from 9:00am to 4:00pm and on Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
- When do morning classes are scheduled during the year?
There is an intake at the beginning of September and another intake at the end of January.
- Are morning classes offered online?
All morning classes take place on campus. Classes can be shifted online in some cases (Covid-19).
- How much is the tuition of the University Diploma? What are the payment plans & terms ?
The tuition of the programme is AED 48,700 per year (including tuition and admin. fees)
For further information about payment plans and terms please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are books included in the tuition fees?
Books are not included. Students are required to purchase their books.