Master in Banking and Finance
- About the programme
- Programme structure
- Entry requirements
- Tuition fees & scholarships
|• Programme duration:||2 years|
|• Delivery language:||English|
|• Degree awarded:||Master in Banking and Finance|
|• Accreditation:||The curriculum follows the European ECTS system and the degree is awarded by Université Paris Cité. This programme is accredited by the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation.|
|• Admission deadline:||25 August 2024|
|• Interview dates:||TBA|
The Master in Banking and Finance prepares students for global careers in Banking and Finance by highlighting a substantial range of wealth management issues and the core frameworks of the global economy and global institutions.
The degree will introduce the theoretical models of economics, pricing securities, capital markets and treasury management at both the microeconomic and macroeconomic levels, and their respective impact on policy issues in order to give students a well-rounded, comprehensive analysis of the core frameworks impacting the banking and finance sector. The course structure is designed to ensure that students will emerge as skillful thinkers and problem solvers with strong communication, negotiation and decision-making abilities.
From the first year, students will choose a specialisation in either economics or law, based on their career interests. A specialisation in economics focuses on financial analysis and strategy, global management of companies, and fiscal management, in addition to a variety of other topics. Meanwhile, a specialisation in law introduces modules such as private international law, corporate law, environmental law, European business law and banking law, amongst an array of other legal disciplines. In the final year, all students study the same courses that aim to consolidate the learnings gained during the first year.
Employment in the financial sector is notably competitive and graduates with a specialisation in Banking and Finance are highly sought after. For emerging and experienced finance professionals, career prospects are remarkably high and vary from senior positions in investment and commercial banking, asset management, risk management, financial services and consultancy or positions in multinational companies.
For fresh graduates, student career options include opportunities working as a financial analyst or a consultant in multinational corporations, investment houses and brokerage firms and supervisory roles in public utility companies, regulatory agencies and federal government agencies.
Typical delivery format of the courses*
M1 and M2
|Monday||4:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Tuesday||4:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||4:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Thursday||4:30pm – 8:00pm|
|Friday||4:30pm – 8:00pm|
*This is the usual pattern of the courses, changes may sometimes occur.
Year 1 Courses
- Office Software
- Choice between Economic Calculus or Advanced Contract Law
- Management & Strategy
- Project Management
- Advanced Internship Support
- Public Policies Assessment
- Communication in banking and finance
- Quantitative methods of management
- Financial and Strategic Analysis
- Theory and Modeling in Finance
- Account-Financial Tools
- International Financial Management
- Data Analysis Applied to Economics
- Forecasting techniques
- Initiation to Research
Year 2 Courses
- Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Banking (Bank strategy)
- Regional context
- Financial Markets Theory
- Financial Markets Practice
- Financial Markets Regulations
- ADGM Regulations
- Communication in banking and finance
- Moot court arbitration and dispute resolutions
- Thesis methodology
- Banking Risk Management
- Banking Marketing
- Banking Law
- Insurance (UAE and EU regulations)
- Islamic Banking
- Master Thesis
- Bachelor in a relevant field with a CGPA of 3 out of 4 or equivalent.
Candidates with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 (or equivalent scores as per the equivalency table) may be conditionally admitted under probation during the first semester. The student will be authorized to continue in the program only if they secure an average of at least 12 out of 20 which is obtained by the end of the first semester. The decision is based on academic performance and will be made official after the completion of the first semester
or Bachelor with minimum of 2nd class honours
or Bachelor with an average of 12 out of 20
- Bachelor students with a GPA below 3 may be admitted on the ground of their professional and/or personal experience, in case they are granted a VAPP by SU’s or UP’s VAPP commission
- IELTS certificate with minimum overall band of 6.0 with a validity of 2 years or TOEFL certificate with minimum score of 79 (or equivalent) with a validity of 2 years or Minimum EmSAT English score of 1400 with a validity of 18 months or, Native English speaker who completed 3 full years in an English-medium institution within a maximum period of 3 years
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend an interview to assess the candidate’s motivation, career expectations and relevant professional experience in the degree area.
Applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present a Certificate of Equivalency for their graduation certificates from the UAE Ministry of Education. Applicants, who are holders of undergraduate degrees issued by a licensed higher education institution in the UAE, are required to submit a copy of their degrees attested by the UAE Ministry of Education. For details on requirements, kindly visit the Ministry’s website: Ministry of Education.
• Programme tuition fees (over 2 years):
||AED 166,400 (approximately US$ 45,344)|
• Payment of fees:
25% academic excellence scholarship
New joiners are eligible to 25% scholarship on tuition starting from the 1st semester. To be eligible, applicants are required to meet one of the below criteria:
- Bachelor CGPA average of 3.6/4.0 and above, or equivalent
- Bachelor with Final Average of 15/20 above
- Bachelor with first class honors
- Candidates graduating as the top of class, despite the average
A minimum average of 14/20 is required to maintain the scholarship for the following semesters.
For programmes taught in English: an English Proficiency level with a minimum of 7.0 for IELTS or 94 for TOELF IB
20% Alumni preferential rate
Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi alumni are eligible to a 20% waiver on tuition fee.
25% preferential rate upon enrolment on a second master’s degree
Applicants holding a master degree from SUAD and enrolling for a second master degree at SUAD are entitled to a 25% waiver on tuition.
5%-15% corporate rate
Companies and organizations benefit from a special discount, based on the number of employees enrolling in programmes. For more details, please contact +971(0) 2-6569311
10% Family discount
Students who have a first-degree relative currently enrolled in an undergraduate or a postgraduate programmes are eligible for a 10% discount.