Bachelor in Mathematics, Specialisation in Data Science for Artificial Intelligence
- About the programme
- Programme structure
- Entry requirements
- Tuition fees & scholarships
- Career prospects
|• Programme duration :||3 years|
|• Delivery language :||English|
|• Degree awarded :||Bachelor in Mathematics, Specialisation in Data Science for Artificial Intelligence|
|• Accreditation :||The curriculum follows the European ECTS system and the degree is awarded by Sorbonne University. This programme is accredited by the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation.|
|• Deadline to apply :||11 August 2023|
|• Placement test dates :||Tuesday, 7th February 2023, 4:00pm | Tuesday, 21st February 2023, 4:00pm | Saturday, 18th March 2023, 3:00pm (online) | Saturday, 15th April 2023, 3:00pm (online) | Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 4:00pm | Tuesday 23rd May 2023, 4:00pm | Saturday, 3rd of June 2023, 3:00pm (online) | Saturday, 10th of June 2023, 3:00pm (online) | Tuesday, 13th June 2023, 4:00pm | Tuesday, 20th June 2023, 4:00pm | Tuesday, 27th June 2023, 4:00pm | Saturday, 1st July 2023, 3:00pm (online) | Thursday, 6th July 2023, 4:00pm | Saturday, 15th July 2023, 3:00pm (online) | Tuesday, 18th July 2023, 4:00pm | Wednesday 26th July 2023, 4:00pm | One last date in August (TBC).
For more information, please click here
The Bachelor in Mathematics, Specialisation in Data Science for Artificial Intelligence, is a three-year intensive, high-level programme taught in English. The programme aims to address the needs of the fourth industrial revolution brought about by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Artificial intelligence is completely remodelling today’s societies, and many argue that AI is fostering a fourth industrial revolution. Advances in Machine Learning are profoundly transforming technology, in fact, and based on recent discoveries in Mathematics and Data Science, complex algorithms imbedded in modern systems allow the accomplishment of more complex tasks (decision-support systems, human-machine interaction, intelligent agents, etc).Today, AI-based applications requiring a deep knowledge of Mathematics and Data Science can be found in many fields, ranging from Insurance and Finance, to Health and Medicine, to Environmental studies, to Exploration of Space, to Digital Humanities, etc…
The aim of this programme is to equip the 21st century graduates with the necessary knowledge and an appropriate skillset to start a career in AI, and contribute to its reshaping, be it as a modern professional or as an accomplished researcher. The programme provides students with state-of-the-art knowledge and competencies in Mathematics, Data Science and Machine Learning. It offers a carefully devised blend of traditional lecture/tutorial/lab tuition and more innovative, project-based learning. This equips the graduates to successfully apply their skills on various fields of AI.
The programme faculty are all internationally renowned professors whose teaching methodology goes beyond the traditional forms of teaching to ensure a balanced and well-rounded learning experience.
Graduates of the Programme will obtain a Bachelor degree in Mathematics from Sorbonne Université (ranked #3 in the world in Mathematics, as per Shanghai subject rankings in 2021) as well as a Certificate of Specialisation in Data Science for Artificial Intelligence of the same institution.
Examples of career-paths that could be undertaken by graduates of the programme are: Data Analyst/Scientist/Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer, Statistician, Quantitative Analyst (in Insurance and Finance), Developer in Machine Learning/AI, Computational Linguist/NLP Engineer, Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Marketing/Operations Analyst, etc…
Moreover, graduates of this programme are especially well-equipped to start an Academic/Research career by pursuing a Master’s and a PhD in fields related to Mathematics, Data Science and Machine Learning in renowned research institution.
- Mathematics for Sciences 1 (calculus)
- Computer Science (Python)
- Mechanics – Physics
- Philosophy and Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematics for Sciences 2 (basic linear Algebra and Probability)
- Complements in Analysis and Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Mathematical Logic
- Descriptive Statistics and introduction to R
- Project in Descriptive Statistics
- Integration to the world of work
- Sequences and series of functions
- Topology and Analysis 1
- Linear and Bilinear Algebra 1
- Discrete Probability, Combinatorics and Graphs
- Introduction to Probability models
- Lebesgue Integration Theory and complements in Probability Theory
- Linear and Bilinear Algebra 2
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Measure and Integration Theory
- Topology and Analysis 2
- Numerical Analysis and Optimization
- Statistical Inference
- Advanced Probability Theory
- Functional Analysis
- Data Science and Machine Learning
- Integration to the world of work
- High-School with a minimum average of 80%; (General Stream); 75% (Advanced stream/ Elite Stream/ Science stream or equivalent)
- Recent EmSAT-English with a Minimum score of 1250, or valid Academic-IELTS 5.5, or valid TOEFL-IBT 71
All candidates will be required to sit for a placement exam administered by the University before being considered for a conditional admission in the Science programmes.
All admissions in the Science programmes are conditional on the successful completion of the Foundation Year in Sciences.
Only applicants holding a French Baccalaureate are eligible, provided they meet specific requirements, to be considered for direct entry in the programmes. Such applicants might be required to sit a specifically designed placement test.
Admission is subject to capacity constraints. Applicant might, therefore, be placed on waiting list.
Other Countries Education’s Systems
Conditions apply on other foreign curriculums according to the admission’s policy set by Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi. Please contact the Student Recruitment office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
• Programme tuition fees (over 3 years):
||AED 215,100 (approximately US$ 58,615)|
• Payment of fees:
HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Scholarship for Emirati students
Admitted Emirati nationals and children of Emirati mothers’ are awarded a full scholarship covering tuition and study related fees for their Bachelor Programmes (and Foundation year, if any)
Current high school students may apply through NAPO, whereas the graduates of previous years can apply on the Apply Now page.
Academic Excellence Scholarships (for the 1st semester of enrolment)
• 15% scholarship on tuition for the 1st semester of joining
New joiners with excellent academic results in high school are eligible following the below criteria. Starting from the second semester, they can apply for the 25%-75% academic excellence scholarship scheme.
- Government schools: 90% in the advanced stream, or 95% in the general stream.
- American system: CGPA of 3.6 out of 4.0 or minimum average of 90%.
- British system: “A” grade or higher in three “AS-Level” subjects or “A” in the equivalent “A-Level” Subjects, plus “B” grade or higher in six O level subjects.
- SABIS: minimum average of 85%.
- International Baccalaureate: IB diploma with minimum score of 5 out of 7 in all courses – three of those subjects must be higher-level courses.
- French Baccalaureate: minimum average of 14 out of 20.
Academic Excellence Scholarship (starting from the 2nd semester of enrolment)
• 25%-75% Academic Excellence Scholarship
Based on the academic results obtained during the previous semester at SUAD, students are eligible to the academic excellence scholarship granted semester by semester. The scholarship scheme is progressive (25% to 75% and the minimum average grade to be eligible is 12/20. A specific scholarship is available for the 2nd semester of the Foundation Year. For more information, please contact email@example.com
10% French Curriculum Schools Scholarship for the 1st semester of enrolment
Students holding a French baccalaureate obtained in one of the GCC countries are eligible for a 10% discount for their first semester. Starting from the second semester, they can apply for the 25%-75% academic excellence scholarship scheme.
Total, Chalhoub and Ardian Foundation, offer specific scholarships based on academic excellence and/or financial circumstances to selected students.
The deadline for submitting an application is communicated by University email each semester to all enrolled students. Applications are submitted via the online application form. Incomplete and late applications will not be assessed.
Scholarships can’t be combined. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferential rate: 10% Family discount
Students who have a first-degree relative currently enrolled in an undergraduate or a postgraduate programme are eligible for a 10% discount.
Where do Mathematicians and AI specialists work?
Graduates from this degree are mathematicians capable of successfully applying their skills in the various fields of AI. The opportunities for skilled mathematicians and AI professionals span nearly every industry, including:
- Research & development firms
- Financial services
- Insurance agencies
- Engineering firms
- IoT-enabled systems
- National security
- Government and military
- Utility companies
- Technical journals
Based on interests, experience and further studies, some of the job sectors and career options available to graduates after a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics are listed below. While other career paths are possible, a solid education and training in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence allows graduates from this Bachelor to address the challenges of the Smart Industry and the Digital Economy.
Data Science, Machine Learning and AI Applications
- AI researcher / analyst / engineer
- Data scientist / analyst / engineer
- Machine learning engineer / developer
- Computational linguist / NLP engineer
- Quantitative analyst
- AI systems architect
- Research Scientist
- Entrepreneur: creation and management of technology-based companies
- Big data engineer / architect / visualiser
- Specialist data consultant
- Robotics engineer / scientist
- Technological consultant / analyst
- Computer-aided design technician
- Analytics consultant
Cryptography, Cybersecurity and IT Consulting
- Cryptography research engineer
- Cybersecurity expert / analyst
- Software developer / analyst
- Blockchain developer
- Systems analyst
- IT Security Analyst
- Cloud engineer
Actuarial Sciences, Finance and Banking
- Insurance actuarial analyst
- Actuarial consultant
- Chartered accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Credit analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Market operator
- Financial analyst
- Loan officer
- Treasury management specialist
Business, Management and Marketing
- Sales Engineer
- Business intelligence developer / analyst
- Marketing operations analyst
- Market research analyst
- Technical writer
- IT consultant
Research, Academia and Public sector
- Civil servant
A whole range of postgraduate studies are available after a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. Graduates from this programme are well-equipped to study, research or start an Academic career by pursuing a Master’s and a PhD in fields related to Mathematics, Data Science and Machine Learning in renowned universities and research institutions. Examples of areas of specialisation (Master and PhD) include:
- AI and Data Science
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Computational Mechanics
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Space exploration
- Innovation management
Where do SUAD graduates go following a Bachelor degree in Mathematics?
To pursue their studies or research, graduates may apply to prestigious institutions such as:
- France: Sorbonne Université, Université de Paris, Université Paris-Saclay
- Belgium: Catholic University of Leuven, Free University of Brussels
- Germany: Technical University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, City University of HongKong, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Singapore: National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University
- Switzerland: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
- United Kingdom: University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London,
- University of Edinburgh
- United States of America: Princeton University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Harvard University, University of California – Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon University, California Institute of Technology, and New York University.
Postgraduate admission requirements in terms of eligible and relevant undergraduate degrees vary widely from country to country and from one higher institution to another. Candidates may refer to the admission requirements applicable to each institution.
Best career exploration websites for students
For more information, please contact:
The Career Centre
Tel: +971 (0) 2 656 9104/9342