Bachelor in Economics and Management
- About the programme
- Programme structure
- Entry requirements
- Tuition fees & scholarships
- Career prospects
|• Programme duration :||3 years|
|• Delivery language :||French|
|• Degree awarded :||Bachelor in Economics and Management|
|• Accreditation :||The curriculum follows the European ECTS system and the degree is awarded by Université Paris Cité. This programme is accredited by the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation.|
|• Deadline to apply :||11 August 2024|
The Bachelor in Economics and Management is an exclusive three-year multidisciplinary degree focusing on modern international business from a variety of key perspectives.
The objective of the degree is to provide students with a solid foundation in mathematics and statistics, control of economic quantitative techniques and scientific management methods (human resources and accounting) as well as marketing and legal aspects related to the structure and activities of companies on a global scale.
For the first two years of the programme, students will get acquainted with the theoretical and statistical tools of economics and management and simultaneously enhance their basic historical and institutional knowledge. In the third year, they will explore how this scientific knowledge can be applied and interpreted through several intensive courses such as international economy, industrial economics, the European economy, growth and economic policies, analytical accounting, marketing and financial management.
As language plays a major part in overcoming cultural challenges, this programme is enriched with one foreign language option (Arabic, Spanish, German, Chinese or Italian), in addition to English. Students will get to expand their cultural horizons and open new doors through developing their language skills.
The programme faculty are all internationally renowned professors whose teaching methodology goes beyond the traditional forms of teaching to ensure a balanced and well-rounded learning experience. By the end of the programme, students will master the tools used in these disciplines to analyse real economic issues and challenges.
This programme provides numerous opportunities across a spectrum of industries including the public sector, enterprise services, financial institutions, banks and insurance companies as well as multinational corporations. Career options include positions in International Organisations (e.g. OECD, WTO), economic analysts, market and sales analysts in the private and public sector and financial managers in corporate entities. This degree also provides graduates with several options to pursue further academic studies at Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi’s Master in Banking and Finance: Law and Regulations of Banking and Financial Systems, Master in Marketing, Management, Communication, Media, Master in Health Economics, Master in Applied Foreign Languages: Specialty Management and International Business or in other overseas institutions as well.
- Introduction to economics and mathematic tools
- Analysis of economic information
- Introduction to management
- History of economic thought
- Economics, social sciences and Humanities
- Communication and professional insertion tools 1 (IT, English)
- Market economics and mathematic tools
- Management 2
- Introduction to law
- Communication and professional insertion tools 2 (English, Methodology and document search)
- Research methodology
- Electives: international relations/ sports/language
- Economic policies
- Public economics
- Quantitative techniques of economy and management 1
- General accounting
- History of economic facts
- Social and labour law
- Personal project
- Money and economy financing
- Quantitative techniques of economy and management 2
- International economy
- Introduction to business law
- Elective course (U.E) to choose from: Languages, Sports, Bank & financial markets /Labor history
- Accounting and financial management
- European economy
- Communication and professional insertion tools 5 (English, Interview and skills assessment techniques)
- Business Criminal Law or Health Economics
- Interview & assessment techniques
- Intermediate marketing management (management 3)
- Industrial economy and competition law
- Economics of organisation
- European institutions
- Communication and professional insertion tools 6 (English)
- Electives: history of labour/sports/ language
- French Baccalaureate with a minimum final average of 12/20 or High School Diploma with a minimum 80% average (or equivalent)*
- A minimum average of 75% (or equivalent) in Math subject in high school is required or EMSAT Math at and above 600
- Math entry test is required for students scoring between 69 and 74.9 (or equivalent) in Math subject in high school or Emsat Math score between 500 and 599.
- A motivation interview is required for all applicants meeting the criteria or for those validating math test.
- A good grade in Economic topics from grade 10 till grade 12 is required
- French Aptitude Certificate: minimum score of B2 level (accepted certificates: DU issued by Sorbonne University, DELF, TEF, TCF and SELFEE). Students with a French Baccalaureate are exempted from the language proficiency exam**
* Students not meeting this requirement may be accepted following a review of high school subject results, supporting exams score and a student’s personal statement.
** Students not meeting the required French Aptitude Certificate will be admitted conditionally in the programme, and enrolled in the Foundation Year in Intensive French. Upon its successful completion, they will be admitted into the bachelor degree programme.
Other Countries Education’s Systems
Conditions apply on other foreign curriculums according to the admission’s policy set by Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi. Please contact the Student Recruitment office by email: email@example.com for more details.
• Programme tuition fees (over 3 years):
||AED 215,100 (approximately US$ 58,615)|
• Payment of fees:
HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Scholarship for Emirati students
Admitted Emirati nationals and children of Emirati mothers’ are awarded a full scholarship covering tuition and study related fees for their Bachelor Programmes (and Foundation year, if any)
Academic Excellence Scholarships (for the 1st semester of enrolment)
• 15% scholarship on tuition for the 1st semester of joining
New joiners with excellent academic results in high school are eligible following the below criteria. Starting from the second semester, they can apply for the 25%-75% academic excellence scholarship scheme.
- Government schools: 90% in the advanced stream, or 95% in the general stream.
- American system: CGPA of 3.6 out of 4.0 or minimum average of 90%.
- British system: “A” grade or higher in three “AS-Level” subjects or “A” in the equivalent “A-Level” Subjects, plus “B” grade or higher in six O level subjects.
- SABIS: minimum average of 85%.
- International Baccalaureate: IB diploma with minimum score of 5 out of 7 in all courses – three of those subjects must be higher-level courses.
- French Baccalaureate: minimum average of 14 out of 20.
Academic Excellence Scholarship (starting from the 2nd semester of enrolment)
• 25%-75% Academic Excellence Scholarship
Based on the academic results obtained during the previous semester at SUAD, students are eligible to the academic excellence scholarship granted semester by semester. The scholarship scheme is progressive (25% to 75% and the minimum average grade to be eligible is 12/20. A specific scholarship is available for the 2nd semester of the Foundation Year. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10% French Curriculum Schools Scholarship for the 1st semester of enrolment
Students holding a French baccalaureate obtained in one of the GCC countries are eligible for a 10% discount for their first semester. Starting from the second semester, they can apply for the 25%-75% academic excellence scholarship scheme.
Total, Chalhoub and Ardian Foundation, offer specific scholarships based on academic excellence and/or financial circumstances to selected students.
The deadline for submitting an application is communicated by University email each semester to all enrolled students. Applications are submitted via the online application form. Incomplete and late applications will not be assessed.
Scholarships can’t be combined. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Preferential rate: 10% Family discount
Students who have a first-degree relative currently enrolled in an undergraduate or a postgraduate programme are eligible for a 10% discount.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of available job sectors and career options after a Bachelor degree in Economics and Management, depending on graduates’ interests, experience and further studies.
Banking, Investment and Financial Services, Brokerage
- Commercial banker
- Credit analyst
- Financial / financial risk / financial quantitative analyst
- Investment analyst, investment banker
- Private equity analyst
- Treasurer manager
- Security / commodity broker
Business Management, Management & Strategy Consultancy, Market Research & Think Tanks
- Business analyst
- Business intelligence specialist
- Chief financial officer
- Corporate sponsorship director
- Customer services
- Management & strategy consultant
- Market analyst
- Regulatory affairs specialist
Accounting and Auditing Industry
- Budget controller
- Credit analyst
- Chartered management accountant
- Financial officer
- Financial planner
- Financial services broker
Business Administration and Management, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship
- Commercial manager
- Human resources / talent management professional
- Business project manager
- Entrepreneur / founder
Government, Public Services and Administration, Foreign Trade
- Risk management analyst
- International economist
- Economic planner
- Export-import / international trade specialist
- Customs and foreign trade analyst
- Logistics & trade specialists
- Purchasers, buyers experts
- Financial analyst
- Tax examiners / collectors and revenue agent
Education, Training and Research, Publishing and Media
- Finance and/or management teacher / lecturer
- Education consultant
- Training and development specialist
- Economic journalist
- Business and economic editor
Insurance & Healthcare
- Actuarial analyst
- Healthcare economist
- Data analyst
- Insurance agent
- Insurance underwriter
- Financial quantitative analyst
Advertising, Marketing & Sales, International Trade, Distribution & Logistics
- Advertising / marketing manager, marketing consultant
- Internet marketing and advertising specialist
- Business development associate
- Marketing research assistant
- Brand strategy lead
- Digital strategy manager
- Retail manager
- Corporate sales executive
- Purchasing agent
- Sales coordinator
A whole range of postgraduate studies are available after a Bachelor degree in Economy and Management. Examples of areas of specialization (Master and PhD) include:
- Banking and Finance (SUAD)
- Health Economics (SUAD)
- International Business Law (SUAD)
- Business Administration and Management
- Human Resources Management
- Islamic Banking & Finance
- Finance & Risk Management
- Audit & Management Control
The following non-exhaustive list of institutions is based on SUAD placement records for alumni of the Economy and Management department.
- Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Sorbonne University (France)
- University Paris-Descartes (now University of Paris) (France)
- University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France)
- University of Panthéon-Assas (France)
- Paris-Dauphine University (France)
- Institut Supérieur de Gestion (France)
- Sciences Po (France)
- IESEG School of Management (France)
- Audencia Business School (France)
- Grenoble Business School (France)
- American University of Paris (France)
- Institut d’Administration des Entreprises de Paris, IAE (France)
- University of Westminster (UK)
- University of Liverpool (UK)
- Coventry University (UK)
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) (UK)
- HULT International Business School (UK)
- American University of Dubai (UAE)
- Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance (Malaysia)
Postgraduate admission requirements in terms of eligible and relevant undergraduate degree vary widely from country to country and from one higher education institution to another. Candidates may refer to the admission requirements applicable to each institution.
Following his Bachelor degree at SUAD, Hamza obtained a Master degree in Audit and Management Control from the Université Paris Cité-Descartes in France. During his Master Hamza worked for BNP Paribas for one year as a Financial Analyst – Strategic Management Control division, before being recruited by Ernst & Young (EY) as a Financial Auditor. Hamza was recently promoted as a Senior Financial Auditor in the same consulting firm.
Graduated with a University Diploma in French as a Foreign Language, Maryam pursued her studies with a Bachelor in Economics and Management in 2019. UAE Youth Ambassador to China for more than two years at the Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi. She joined the Expo 2020 in September 2019 as Associate, Sustainable Development Goals, Director General’s Office at Expo 2020.
Graduated at SUAD in Economics and Management, Khadijah started to work as intern in Technip Abu Dhabi and Schlumberger Middle-East to gain experiences in multinational Oil & Gas companies while enrolling in SUAD Master’s degree in Banking and Finance Management. Khady Ba is the Founder and Chairman of Der Mond Group, Abu Dhabi.
After his Bachelor degree, Jules pursued his Master degree in Finance (specialization in Financial Market and Risk Management) at the University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne as well as a professional training programme at the Continuing Education Center for Banking and Finance (CFPB) in Paris.
He is currently working as Compliance Officer, Market Activity, for the CIC France.
Mai is Manager – Strategic Consulting, currently working at Jones Lang Lasalle within the Research and Strategic Consulting departments. Her Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Management gave Mai an introduction to the field of Economics and enabled her to enlarge her knowledge in the field through a Master’s degree in Banking and Finance obtained at SUAD. The courses in Finance and Economics along with her experience in the real estate sector have given Mai a solid base upon which she continues to build her career.
Ibrahim obtained a Master degree in Finance and Banking from the Sorbonne Graduate Business School (IAE) and he is working for Credit Agricole CIB London since more than 5 years. He is now Director – Head of Middle East Office Support Interest Rates.
For more information, please contact:
The Career Centre
Tel: +971 (0) 2 656 9104/9342