Foundation Year in Records Management and Archival Science
- About the programme
- Entry requirements
- Tuition fees & scholarships
|• Programme duration :
|• Delivery language :
|• Deadline to apply :
The Foundation Year in Records Management and Archival Science, taught in English, is designed to equip students with all academic and linguistic skills required to succeed at the university level.
During the foundation year, students will enhance their linguistic command in English and in Arabic through intensive and interactive courses, they will gain critical thinking, problem solving and academic skills through the methodology courses, and they will learn basics in records management and archival science by introductory courses to the current digital revolution that we face and which is nowadays also a highly debated topic in politics, economics, business and heritage.
Introduction to the new disruptive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data, Datamining and Cyberdata will be covered through workshops with professionals, academic courses, online modules and on-site visits in private and public UAE entities. Computer courses will also be a key component of this foundation year to teach students about the appropriate electronic management tools. Analysing the current problems and challenges in record keeping and archive administration is also covered in the foundation year, which makes a good base for studying the Bachelor in Records Management and Archival Science.
At the end of the Foundation year, students are prepared to start the Bachelor in Records Management and Archival Science.
- High School Diploma with a minimum 80 % average (or equivalent)*
- English Proficiency Exam: EmSAT – English – minimum score of 1350 with a validity of 18 months
or valid IELTS 5.5 with a validity of 2 years
or 71 in iBT TOEFL with a validity of 2 years
- Arabic Proficiency: A minimum average of 75% in the Arabic subject in the high school (or equivalent) is required
- Passing a SUAD RMAS entry test for all external applicants
- Interview for current SUAD students willing to change their major to RMAS
*Only applicants holding a French baccalaureate with minimum average of 12 out of 20 might be eligible for direct admission into the first year of the Bachelor in Records Management and Archival Science subject to have all other entry requirements.
Other Countries Education’s Systems
Conditions apply on other foreign curriculums according to the admission’s policy set by Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi. Please contact the Student Recruitment office by email: email@example.com for more details.
• Programme tuition fees:
|AED 71,700 (approximately US$ 19,538)
• Payment of fees:
HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Scholarship for Emirati students
Admitted Emirati nationals and children of Emirati mothers’ are awarded a full scholarship covering tuition and study related fees for their Bachelor Programmes (and Foundation year, if any)
Academic Excellence Scholarships (for the 1st semester of enrolment)
• 15% scholarship on tuition for the 1st semester of joining
New joiners with excellent academic results in high school are eligible following the below criteria. Starting from the second semester, they can apply for the 25%-75% academic excellence scholarship scheme.
- Government schools: 90% in the advanced stream, or 95% in the general stream.
- American system: CGPA of 3.6 out of 4.0 or minimum average of 90%.
- British system: “A” grade or higher in three “AS-Level” subjects or “A” in the equivalent “A-Level” Subjects, plus “B” grade or higher in six O level subjects.
- SABIS: minimum average of 85%.
- International Baccalaureate: IB diploma with minimum score of 5 out of 7 in all courses – three of those subjects must be higher-level courses.
- French Baccalaureate: minimum average of 14 out of 20.
Academic Excellence Scholarship (starting from the 2nd semester of enrolment)
• 25%-75% Academic Excellence Scholarship
Based on the academic results obtained during the previous semester at SUAD, students are eligible to the academic excellence scholarship granted semester by semester. The scholarship scheme is progressive (25% to 75% and the minimum average grade to be eligible is 12/20. A specific scholarship is available for the 2nd semester of the Foundation Year. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10% French Curriculum Schools Scholarship for the 1st semester of enrolment
Students holding a French baccalaureate obtained in one of the GCC countries are eligible for a 10% discount for their first semester. Starting from the second semester, they can apply for the 25%-75% academic excellence scholarship scheme.
Total, Chalhoub and Ardian Foundation, offer specific scholarships based on academic excellence and/or financial circumstances to selected students.
The deadline for submitting an application is communicated by University email each semester to all enrolled students. Applications are submitted via the online application form. Incomplete and late applications will not be assessed.
Scholarships can’t be combined. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Preferential rate: 10% Family discount
Students who have a first-degree relative currently enrolled in an undergraduate or a postgraduate programme are eligible for a 10% discount.